Hey LS guys! Watch out for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
This comp cams trunnion kit came into my store the other day, factory sealed. I brought it in to rob a bearing out of, as the first kit we got was missing one. We opened it up right here in my store, and this is what we found. Remember, factory sealed.

20190814_172410.jpg
20190814_172331.jpg

And as always, when theres one theres more! Keep an eye on whatever engine parts you buy, no matter what brand or cost.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I'm afraid to ask what the 2nd pic is.

Metal shards.

So when my customer came in to grab his missing bearing, we opened the box, and the first one we grabbed was the one missing needles. The second one he grabbed had a chunk of shrapnel in it. Today I was going through all of them to find the one that was missing needles so I could mark it, and found that second piece of shrapnel.

I didnt even bother to call comp cams to tell them they had a quality control issue.

I called comp cams once to ask why a brand new cam we ordered (mfg date of 1 month prior) had rust pitting on it. The guy at comp simply told me that it was impossible given the mfg date. I agreed but told him I was looking at said cam, right in front of me, and it had pitting. Long story short, he refused to believe me, basically telling me I was full of sh*t.

Keep in mind that this is not a big seller. We stock 2 in our warehouse and none others in the province. 1 kit was missing a bearing, the other kit would have taken a motor out. That's more than just a coincidence.

Not sure how this stuff happens, but inspect anything you get from comp cams, or anyone for that matter, BEFORE you install it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Comp has QC problems? No way... that's impossible!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor