Hi everyone I"m uncle elcamino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2019
I own a 1979 elcamino SS factory 4 speed I have been working on it since retirement 5 years ago, slow progress. I see a lot of Questions about how to tell a real SS ,well 1978,79,80 have a elcamino ss badge on right side of the dash board to the left of the glovebox if missing there will be two small staggered holes ' These emblems are not available like 1981 and up.Thats my 2 cents all have a good evening.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Beleive there was a basic & SS Elky badge on the dash. As for the proof of being a real SS outside of the build sheet listing RPO Z15 the grill will be blacked out, have the front spoiler, two tone using the tape/stickers as paint breaks, dual sport mirrors, no wheel well or rocker moldings. Here is some GM liknks that can help you out.
The Malibu info has the Elky listed in the MVMA pages.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I own a 1979 elcamino SS factory 4 speed I have been working on it since retirement 5 years ago, slow progress. I see a lot of Questions about how to tell a real SS ,well 1978,79,80 have a elcamino ss badge on right side of the dash board to the left of the glovebox if missing there will be two small staggered holes ' These emblems are not available like 1981 and up.Thats my 2 cents all have a good evening.
I also have a 79 El Camino SS, absolutely no exterior SS markings, only the (broken) little El Camino SS badge on the Dash that you mentioned. (my main driver is a 78 GMC Caballero)

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome from West Michigan.

Doug

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Welcome from the Mitten State! SS 4 Spd! Rare car hands down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor