High Beams Galore! No Low Beams

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
I just finished putting on the new passenger side Headlight hoping that it would resolve the issue with the low beams being out when I pull the light on, it doesn't. High beams work like magic though. Relay Switch Issue? If so where it is located?

20200420_195324[1].jpg 20200420_195402[1].jpg
High Beams on. Low Beams non-existent.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It sounds like the headlight switch is defective but why not test the switch with a multimeter so you don't take a chance on buying parts you don't need

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
It sounds like the hedlight switch is defective but why not test the switch with a multimeter so you don't take a chance on buying parts you don't need
:cry:, Uggh. before I saw your posting here, I just now went out and checked the switch by turning it a few times from one side to the other. No results. A Multimeter I don't have but I will own next time I head out to Harbor Freight. I went ahead and ordered an AcDelco Switch from Rock Auto. Once I get it in and the car is returned to me after having the Oil Pan Gasket replaced, I will then have to figure out how the old switch comes off. it sits on the left hand side below the Cluster. Thanks for the tool suggestion, going to need it as other problems arise (y).

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor