Highest blower speed position doesn't work on 81 El Camino

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
the blower speed switch works on every setting except the highest. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
Check for burned connection in the connector above the rear of the right valve cover

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Relay
High Speed Relay.jpg

Connector
Relay Connector.jpg

Hutch

Reactions: 2 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
the blower speed switch works on every setting except the highest. Any suggestions on how to correct this?
i got same problem in my ss since getting it back from engine swap let me know your fix. i thought was just part of deleting the computer and got used to it.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
This is the one that usually melts from the high draw on the red wire. Between rt valve cover and the HVAC box...you can see the shell is black by the red wire. First Malibu I had it was completely melted. The shell halves are available from Mouser, among others
IMG_0739[1].JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I don't remember for sure but I think I was told if the a/c doesn't work that high speed for the fan doesn't either. I may be wrong as that has happened a few times before.😉

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor