HO Alternator = Battery upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eso80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 31, 2018
East Coast
Currently, I have a 500w Memphis amp and a 12" Kicker comp sub in my 80 Delta. I installed it from the beginning with the big 3 upgrade running on a stock Olds 350 engine...but I love my bass and want more. I wanna put another 12 in with maybe a 1200 watt amp, but am worried about having dim headlights when the bass hits. I dont currently have that problem, but I was also thinking of switching out my headlights to something led and brighter. ...case in point, i was thinking about upgrading my alternator, but my question is would I need to change my battery also? I rather not add a battery to the trunk, because I'm looking to use that space for two battery racks for the lowrider transformation. Any helps always appreciated, peace..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor