Holley 3" exhaust system-opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfast1

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2018
I have the hookers Part# 70501364-RHKR. These are also Holleys. installation was ok . Had to modify some the rear control arm braces. I am surprised it does not hit anywhere or rattles at all. It is quieter than before when it had Dynomax mufflers.

For me the biggest issue was, since my car is so low. The left side pipe from the X to the heather dips. This is done for those that have the stock cross member that is closer to the ground on the left that it is on the right. That dip for me was too close to the pavement. I had to cut that part and replaced it with a straight one. Since I have an aftermarket cross member it then fit perfectly and I was able to bring that pipe closer to the car. Additionally since my headers are not hooker we also had to modify the collectors part. Bottom line, depending on your application, welding might be required. I am attaching some pictures.

Attachments

• EX1.JPG
    EX1.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 277
  • EX2.JPG
    EX2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 254
  • EX3.JPG
    EX3.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 251
  • EX4.JPG
    EX4.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 275
  • EX5.JPG
    EX5.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 325

Ryebonti123

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2017
I have an 86 regal 383, modest 450 hp. Full 3in mandrel bent x pipe and flow master 40's. Go 3 in. The sound is sweet and different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor