I’ll settle for beginning, middle or end of the thread! 😰
Last time I tried to read that thread I had to take three vacation days...😛

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I’ll settle for beginning, middle or end of the thread! 😰
Last time I tried to read that thread I had to take three vacation days...😛
Ok so these guys are being hard-asses. I'll throw you a frickin' bone. Page 40. Post 400. I literally just guestimated page 40. I need to buy a lottery ticket....
Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

In summary, put the drain in the timing cover.

Reactions: 3 users

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Ok so these guys are being hard-asses. I'll throw you a frickin' bone. Page 40. Post 400. I literally just guestimated page 40. I need to buy a lottery ticket....
View attachment 132983

In summary, put the drain in the timing cover.
Thanks bro!

From what I could make out, it looks like Mike’s drain is on the drivers side, I had planned on the pass side towards the rear of the pan, only place high enough and not in the way of windage tray and pickup tube. Maybe I’ll look into the timing cover, just didn’t want to remove it this time around.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
ummm, I know you have a new pan and it would be great for everything to line up, but I'd put the drain where it is most convenient for maximum drainage, then drill a small hole in the pan and run the pan to the local tig welder and have him (or her -*note-politically correct) and have them weld on a 3/8" square of aluminum. Then return and drill and tap the hole to the appropriate size - but that's me.

'All new parts can sometimes get mangled in the name of boost.' Confucious, I mean Jim, 1/9/2020

edit - WOW! is that 1st sentence a run on sentence masterpiece

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor