Holley 502 Tbi. Anyone familiar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I have my 85 monte 350 running on a stock firebird Tbi unit. I'm going to upgrade it. I've bought both the Holley 502 Tbi unit and a rebuilt machined Tbi base with 46mm bores. I picked up the Holley first and then read bad reviews on it saying the injectors were bad. Before I decide to ditch the Holley I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with it.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
try contacting Holley regarding the reviews/feedback and inquire what they're doing about it...that's the first place i'd start.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
lg1200 said:
try contacting Holley regarding the reviews/feedback and inquire what they're doing about it...that's the first place i'd start.

I get the feeling they aren't doing anything. I'm guessing that the unit was designed a long time ago and it's not a big money maker for nor is it really in the future plans. I got mine a a returned item from them thinking, it's Holley it has to be good. The reason I'm asking is there's a ton of things I like about the unit such as an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, large bores totaling 670 Cfm, low profile tps and such. I just hear the injectors blow and are leaky and expensive to replace.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
oldmansmonte said:
lg1200 said:

I get the feeling they aren't doing anything. I'm guessing that the unit was designed a long time ago and it's not a big money maker for nor is it really in the future plans. I got mine a a returned item from them thinking, it's Holley it has to be good. The reason I'm asking is there's a ton of things I like about the unit such as an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, large bores totaling 670 Cfm, low profile tps and such. I just hear the injectors blow and are leaky and expensive to replace.

sounds like you know enough to go an alternate route..i'd return it and find Plan B.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
lg1200 said:
oldmansmonte said:
lg1200 said:

sounds like you know enough to go an alternate route..i'd return it and find Plan B.

Plan b might be mounting the Chevy Tbi pod onto the holley base. I read on some one else's blog it worked out. Took a few tedious mods but it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor