Holley fuel bowl sight glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a older Holley 670 street avenger and would like to use clear fuel bowl sight glass for making checking float level easy any recommended ones that will not fade out in color,break off or leaks?Thanks

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You can buy the newer style bowls with the built in site glass in a kit from Summit etc., the old style clear screw in plugs for me were just easier to unscrew by hand rather than using the little brass screws but they always get "cloudy" over time.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My understanding was always that the clear plugs are for tuning and shouldn't be run. In other words, once you are done with float adjustments, replace them with the clear plugs.

I recently bought two pairs of Moroso brand sight plugs from Amazon. Use dielectric grease on the threads (per the instructions) and only tighten by hand.

Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
My understanding was always that the clear plugs are for tuning and shouldn't be run. In other words, once you are done with float adjustments, replace them with the clear plugs.

I recently bought two pairs of Moroso brand sight plugs from Amazon. Use dielectric grease on the threads (per the instructions) and only tighten by hand.
Yes this is how they were sold. Put them in set fuel level and replace.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor