Holley headers and mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I am looking at the Holley headers and mounts for my LS3 swap into a 83-88 Monte Carlo. My main concern is clearance with the knock sensors since they will be the GEN III type since I am going DBC. Whjat is everyone's thoughts on this? Will the headers clear the sensors and how much modification is needed to get everything to fit properly?

Last edited:

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
You should have ZERO fitment issues with headers as the Gen3 LS based engines have the knock sensors in the intake valley, and not in the heads. The wiring connects both, and when intake is on they disappear.
20171214_162548.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
You should have ZERO fitment issues with headers as the Gen3 LS based engines have the knock sensors in the intake valley, and not in the heads. The wiring connects both, and when intake is on they disappear. View attachment 101631
The LS3 has the knock sensors on the side of the block. As far as I know they cannot be placed under the valley cover. They must be moved to the side.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I am looking at the Holley headers and mounts for my LS3 swap into a 83-88 Monte Carlo. My main concern is clearance with the knock sensors since they will be the GEN III type since I am going DBC. Whjat is everyone's thoughjts on this? Will the headers clear the sensors and how much modification is needed to get everything to fit properly?
I apologize I meant to write LS3.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I'll play. Have you looked at where the LS3 knock sensors are located? If your headers are hitting that you have other problems.

47645999d1261159971-where-do-knock-sensors-go-on-ls3-block1.jpg
I undersatnd where they are installed on the LS3 block. My concern is the GEN III Knock Sensors are not the flat type and will stick out a bit.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'll play. Have you looked at where the LS3 knock sensors are located? If your headers are hitting that you have other problems.

47645999d1261159971-where-do-knock-sensors-go-on-ls3-block1.jpg
If they're here, they'd hit the crossmember well before they hit the header. They're below the motor mounts.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor