Holley High Idle Bracket Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Bought this setup and it seems like Holley screwed up on the design. The linkage hits. Anyone have this issue ? It looks like Ive got to modify the bracket a bit to get the linkage to fit right. Maybe notch it back to the hole or just before.
When I called Holley this was the part number they gave me. 20-9. Says it fits 4150/4160 carbs. Am I missing something ?

IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0402.jpg

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Why does your carb have the Ford kickdown linkage on it? You should be able to rotate the kickdown link back out of the way.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Lever to the rear of the screwdriver blade in your pic is the Ford linkage. Is that what's hitting the bracket, it appears so in your pics

The Holley instruction sheet shows it rotated back to clear

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Lever to the rear of the screwdriver blade in your pic is the Ford linkage. Is that what's hitting the bracket, it appears so in your pics

The Holley instruction sheet shows it rotated back to clear

Never got an instruction manual. The carb came on the crate motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor