Holley High Idle Bracket Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
that's a universal solenoid bracket to fit many applications so that hole's probably for something just not what we're up to.i thought those screws were a tad long but between the flat/lock washers it worked out.@least on my application.don't forget that's holding the arm back under a load so the bolts gotta be up for the task.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Bear in mind, the definition of a universal part is that it "Is not designed to fit any particular application"

The Ford arm should move freely. I'm still unclear if there is restriction of the throttle lever itself in your application, since the pictures show it not resting against the solenoid plunger.

The throttle lever pushes the kickdown lever back, which utilizes a rod to the trans kickdown lever in a Ford application. Should be just along for the ride in any other application.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Bear in mind, the definition of a universal part is that it "Is not designed to fit any particular application"

The Ford arm should move freely. I'm still unclear if there is restriction of the throttle lever itself in your application, since the pictures show it not resting against the solenoid plunger.

The throttle lever pushes the kickdown lever back, which utilizes a rod to the trans kickdown lever in a Ford application. Should be just along for the ride in any other application.

Both levers/arms moved freely until I put the bracket on. Now that the inner Ford lever hits the edge of the bracket the outer lever cant touch the solenoid. Take the bracket off and they both move the way they should.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY

Well, I took a good look at the linkage today. There was a screw in the rear lever that kept it to the left of the gray single arm that you can see in the photo. I back the screw out and moved the lever to the other side of the arm. Now the outer lever drops where its supposed to go against the plunger on the solenoid. Downside is when the linkage gets pulled back the inner lever seems to follow it no matter what and winds up hitting the bracket. I dont know if thats good or bad. At least it doesnt stop the outer from being in the correct position.

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0419 (2).jpg

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I finally got through to a Holley tech guy. I called twice on Monday. The first time I gave up after being on hold for 20 minutes. The second time I was on hold for 38 minutes and when I finally had someone on the phone I got disconnected. Needless to say I was pissed.
While I was on the Holley website a chat window popped up with a tech. I told him I was having an issue and he said if I gave him a phone number he would call ASAP. Less than 20 minutes later he was on the phone and I was telling him what was going on. He asked me to email some pictures and as soon as I did he said he could see the issue and he wasnt sure of the fix. He said he would get back to me.
Well since its Friday and I didnt hear anything I called again. Got the same guy. He said he talked to the other tech guys and they all said remove the single screw you can see in my last pictures. This way the inner linkage moves with the outer and its in a different position so it doesnt hit the bracket.
Im going to try that tomorrow. If it works, great. If not the brackets getting cut.

200kss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2006
Missouri
I had a clearance issue with that bracket and either the linkage or the mounting portion to the carb (Holley 770 Street Avenger). It was nothing a few minutes of work on the bench grinder modding the bracket couldn't fix.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I finally got out to work on the wagon this week. Needless to say I didnt like the solution the Holley tech guy gave me. I took the screw out and even though the linkage didnt hit the bracket the outer linkage seemed to drag a little. So a few cuts and some shaping and this os what I have now. Everything works right and nothing hits the bracket. Cleaned it up and sprayed it with Eastwoods Silver Cad paint. Looks fine. Done.

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor