Holley motor mount issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
I have the complete Holley kit. I am having some motor mount issues. I have noticed that all the mounts I see for the G bodies have countersunk bolt holes, mine are not. Anyone have mounts like these or these the wrong ones? the motor is touching the A/C box as well. Thanks for your help, David

Attachments

• 721E24F5-2480-4DAC-AF7B-5E78AFB7AD5D.jpeg
    721E24F5-2480-4DAC-AF7B-5E78AFB7AD5D.jpeg
    679.5 KB · Views: 158

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
mine are counter sunk holes. but i'll be running the cast shorty headers from holley.

Reactions: 1 user

E84MC

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2019
Mines are also like yours. I was wondering the same thing as you about the countersunk ones but on website it shows the ones we got so idk and haven’t put motor in yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I will have some shortly.
I wouldn't be shy about calling Holley tech support. For those prices, it should fall in there and fit flawlessly. L92 OLDS used the Holley system.

Reactions: 1 users

84delta

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2021
I have the complete Holley kit. I am having some motor mount issues. I have noticed that all the mounts I see for the G bodies have countersunk bolt holes, mine are not. Anyone have mounts like these or these the wrong ones? the motor is touching the A/C box as well. Thanks for your help, David
I know this is an old thread but incase you decided to just live with the set back motor I had the same issue and figured it out. I was sent c10 mounts and the look identical until you put them side by side, they were slightly taller. Installed the correct mounts holley sent me and it dropped my motor about 3/4 of an inch and moved it about 1 inch closer to the front.

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I know this is an old thread but incase you decided to just live with the set back motor I had the same issue and figured it out. I was sent c10 mounts and the look identical until you put them side by side, they were slightly taller. Installed the correct mounts holley sent me and it dropped my motor about 3/4 of an inch and moved it about 1 inch closer to the front.
Curious if that was a packaging issue that more than a one off situation?

Reactions: 1 users

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
Would you happen to have any pics of the correct mounts? Something I can compare to the ones I have? Thanks, David

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Here's mine. Not countersunk. Zoom in. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20190817_235202.jpg
    20190817_235202.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor