Holley mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I think I want to go with the holley mounts, better shot of clearing the A/C box plus drivelin angle is better from what Ive heard, They arent but a few bucks more than the dirty dingo so why not, but Im not sure I want to pay an extra 200 bucks for an oil pan from them unless I have no choice, so wondering if anybody has ever tried a different oil pan in a gbody with the Holey mounts?
Im looking at Holley part number 12643HKR for the mounts btw

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Btw whats the part number for the Holley Oil pan for a Gbody, 302-2 is fbody and 302-1 says it wont work in a Gbody on the Holley site anyway?

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
According to what Ive read the motor sits a little lower than regular set backs and the dirty dingo mounts, In my case I want to keep the A/C so it should improve the issue we have with the coils and or valve covers hitting the A/c box. Also have read you get a better driveline angle. I cant say any of this from experience but alot of guys like the holley stuff because they claim it creates a better fit. Holley also makes an oil pan and headers to go with there mounts. There oil pan is close to 400$ while the muscle car pan is $200. If it were 250 or 275 I might be like what ever and just get it but at just about 200bucks more I figure I would dig a little and see if anyone has tried a different pan with the Holley mounts. The only thing I could think of is that if the motor sits lower then even the muscle car pan might hit the crossmember?
Im not sure how far forward or back the Holley set up is compared to the 1 inch set backs like the Dirty Dingo's

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
moving the engine back on these G bodies helps with the handling of the car. The circle track race inspectors check the distance from the crosssmember to the mechanical fuel pump to make sure it has not been moved

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Yes thats a fact the lower and further back toward the center of the car the better. I would like it as far back as possible but not if it causes other issues, In my case the car wont see any competition of any kind. Mostly cruises with the family, maybe a burnout here and there and a run fooing around with a couple of buddies. There are so many ways of doing this and what Im doing now is fishing for all available info so that I can do once as cost effectively as possible.

Reactions: 1 user

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Ok no more mount and oil pan questions I bit the bullet and ordered the the Holley mounts and Pan. Im not sure Ill do the headers, Well see. Thanks guys

Reactions: 1 users

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Lol, i wont be starting the swap till the fall, Ill post a thread at that time of what I did, what worked and what I wish i had done differently. For now Im just researching and ordering parts. I hope not to have the car down longer than need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor