Holley Terminator needs a brake light signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Installing a Holley Terminator. It only needs a few wires like Key on power, battery power etc. All relatively easy.

Next on the list is a brake light input for the transmission controller. Seems easy enough, most cars have 12v into the brake light switch and 12 out when the brake is down.
but I have 3 switches and many wires. This car had a Powerball braking system and cruise control.

What is not needed?

Attachments

• 20230223_193312.jpg
    20230223_193312.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 88

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Off the top of my head, need to look at a diagram to be 100% sure.

Pink and purple is for the TCC lockup on a non computer car.

Orange and white (and Blue) is for the brake lights.

Brown and gray is for the cruise control.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Orange and white (and Blue) is for the brake lights.
Blue, orange, white. Sounds like a match. I have 12 v at both Blue and White with brakes on.

The switch with lots of pink wires also had a vacuum line, probably for the cruise. Which I'm not using.

I'll check the pink wires for power when brakes are on. If it's for torque converter. That's exactly what I need the signal for.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
The TCC switch is a normally closed switch when you press the brakes it turns off the 12V going to the TCC solenoid.

The blue or white is the signal you want or change the top switch (Purple pink wires) to a regular brake light switch and use that.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Pink and purple is for the TCC lockup on a non computer car.
Even on the Computer controlled cars them wires are the same and the circuit works the same, just a 12v signal to the computer instead of the TCC Solenoid.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Should be the blue wire-was in mine. But I have a different switch. Very easy to check though with a jumper wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor