Holley Terminator to Dakota Digital speedo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
So I have my car up and running and I got all the gauges on my Dakota Digital RTX working except for the speedo, I read over both sets of instructions but I must be missing something because I just cant figure it out. Has anyone else gotten their Terminator to send the speed signal to DD gauges and how did you do it ?

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Don’t want to spend a hundred bucks on the module, figured there is a way to program this wire.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Are you sure the Holley system actually has vehicle speed data? The speed input usually comes from an electronic sensor or cable on the transmission. If you have a cable, they sell a converter box.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
The terminator X max has a speed input from the transmission but i cant figure out how too turn that signal into a output. Its possible to do ill have to get on the phone with holley.

Reactions: 1 user

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
I got it figured out. If anyone needs to be walked through it hit me up.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The terminator X max has a speed input from the transmission but i cant figure out how too turn that signal into a output. Its possible to do ill have to get on the phone with holley.

I got it figured out. If anyone needs to be walked through it hit me up.
Interested how you accomplished this, please advise.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Ok first thing you need is a output circuit off the input/ output connector, I do not run ac so I used the wire that was dedicated for the ac shutdown as my speed output, that wire will go to your DD box for your speed input signal ( this will be the only wire needed to make things work )

Once you decide what wire you will dedicate as your speed output from the input/output connector you will need to go into the terminator software and un assign that wire as whatever holley had it setup as by default ( this will be under pin map in the view outputs tab connector J1 ) I drug ac shutdown up to the unassigned outputs box and replaced it with speedo. Doing this enables pin b10 as a speed output signal

Under the transmission tab make sure you have the speed output enabled under speed calculation also. Mines is set at 4000ppm but i think i got that number off the DD gauges after i did the speedo calibration. While under the transmission tab there should be a inputs/ outputs tab to the left of the screen, click on that and under transmission outputs ecu pin should now read "j1-b10" and output type "pwm"

This should be all that needs to be done inside of the terminator software, once you start the speedo calibration inside of the gauge cluster as soon as the car starts to move you should see the ppm start to count.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Please attach the tune file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor