Holley Terminator vs. Fitech ultimate ls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve 82 Elly

Greasemonkey
Feb 2, 2020
Anyone wanna chime in on this one? I haven't been able to decide which to choose for my swap.

The Holley terminator X is well known and reliable but is just the ECM and harness.

The Fitech is nice because you can buy a whole kit that should all work together very well.

I've heard talk that the Fitech customer service is poor, I've also heard that it's not poor, just slow. Obviously, Holley customer service is rock solid. But if everything works properly you shouldn't even need customer service, right?

Anyway, I would love any input from all but especially those that have used one system or the other. Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
A friend who owns a speed shop swears by the Holley set up. He has installed quite a few of them and they haven ever returned with any issues

I'm not sure what you mean the Holley only comes with the ECM and harness... :unsure:

550-1002_x-collage.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
I was on the same boat. I almost bought a FiTech system right before Holley released the Termi X.
I run a Termi x on my car now and it simply amazing.
All the shops I called about the Fitech i was told to stay clear.
They had a ton a problems, horrible customer support and tech support. Anytime someone would call asking questions they would tell people that something as simple as wiring diagram was a trade secret and they were not allowed to send it to a customer.
Now the Holley system has not been perfect but they are getting it together rather quick. There is some know problems but Holley makes it.
I like the Holley because it has a great support. has Inputs and outputs. You later swap to a Dominator and keep your harness. the self learning and closed loop is awesome.
I hooked mine up and were it not for all my injectors being stuck it would've ran.
The holley is well worth the money!

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have the Fast EFI and as much as I like it if I was to buy a new system it would be the Holley

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
The difference between my holley HP and he Terminator isnt very big. I would not go any other way for an LS setup, support is great and lots of people have made great power and drivability with the Holley software.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Oh come on guys... Just tune the factory ECM. It's "easy".

Go Holley.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Oh come on guys... Just tune the factory ECM. It's "easy".

Go Holley.

I have to agree here. There are so many trying to market their proprietary stand alone system when the factory GM stuff works as well or better in 99% of the applications.
I learned a lesson with stand alone systems when in mid 90's bought an ACCEL DFI system to run a crate LT1 corvette engine. The system cost $1,200 at the time and now that I want to tweak a few things, no one services it. I can't even buy the tuning software anymore.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I have to agree here. There are so many trying to market their proprietary stand alone system when the factory GM stuff works as well or better in 99% of the applications.
I learned a lesson with stand alone systems when in mid 90's bought an ACCEL DFI system to run a crate LT1 corvette engine. The system cost $1,200 at the time and now that I want to tweak a few things, no one services it. I can't even buy the tuning software anymore.

The advantages of HPTuners and EFI Live are there, especially if you have a bunch of vehicles to tune in your stable. This was my best option in the late-2000s when I had a couple of cars with LS engines; it is now three LS-powered cars (plus, logging the HellKitty). So one tool met the need, and I've only ever spent an additional sum on two more credits. If I have a problem with an ECM crapping out on me I am only out of a small amount of money to recover. I am very invested in it (especially the learning curve).

Now if it was just one car and I was starting from scratch in 2020 - Holley all the way. How long with it be supported is a big risk.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
A friend who owns a speed shop swears by the Holley set up. He has installed quite a few of them and they haven ever returned with any issues

I'm not sure what you mean the Holley only comes with the ECM and harness... :unsure:

550-1002_x-collage.jpg
The LS versions only come with the harness and ecu...

• Informative

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
The LS versions only come with the harness and ecu...
That's all you need.. unless you want a sheet metal intake that will pop with any boost and kill all your power under 6k RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor