PONTIAC Holley's '79 LeMans with out a LS?!?!?!

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
A dare to be different build with a LT based 4.3 V6/6 speed. One thing I don't like is they claim a difference in '78-'81 A's & '82 up G's.
Our particular test mule is a 1979 example, a fifth-gen car that rides the same A-body platform that underpinned the Chevrolet Malibu, Buick Century and Pontiac Grand Am and is almost identical to the better-known G-body platform that GM sold through the 1980s.
Still a cool read.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Super interesting! I'll give it a read. P.S. It should be known that is a 1978, (Silver gauge & has the 2 Stripes) on the Marker Bezels. 1979 has 3 Stripes. The light blue interior looks like it has faired quite well though time unless it's been redone. Pretty hard color to get nowadays But. Overall a good read, I liked the sound Dyno of that V6! They can be so Underappreatcied nowadays, built right. Can most certainly blow away a V8 build of the same type.

Last edited:

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
It basically is a LS (or LT or whatever). lol

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I dig the build

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Less horsepower but more torque than most NA V6, which I like. As they say, a good cruising platform. Anything slightly different, I like. With Holley's new GDI controller and swap parts, an install should be straight foward.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor