hood struts for fiberglass hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandyman

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2017
I use a piece of bamboo that I cut up from my back yard for a prop..

Reactions: 1 users

rafael martinez jr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2017
new jersey
I have a harwood fiberglass hood and have used these shocks. Doesnt bind the hood and holds it up without a issue. These are the parts i used. Using the top mounting bracket from the old hinge. The mighty lift part # is the ball studs that attach to the shock. Found locally at my parts store.

thx for the info

rafael martinez jr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2017
new jersey
I have a harwood fiberglass hood and have used these shocks. Doesnt bind the hood and holds it up without a issue. These are the parts i used. Using the top mounting bracket from the old hinge. The mighty lift part # is the ball studs that attach to the shock. Found locally at my parts store.

thx again i got the parts i needed and all of it came out to 17.00 and ur car looks awesome

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
My dad used 2 universal props for his fiberglass good. It does make me nervous to have the hood up if the wind is blowing because there's nothing to stop it from going back into the windshield. By the looks of it, that must have happened at some point. Works great sitting in the hangar though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor