Status
Not open for further replies.

FL85GrandPrix

Apprentice
Nov 10, 2016
Tampa, FL
Anyone have one of these:

http://www.ss396.com/gm/EHT-335.html

My '85 GP has a grandma clock where a tach should be. I'm keeping the car interior bone stock down to the radio and will not be adding gauges; maybe a A-pillar with oil press and water temp. My car has just idiot lights. But I don't want to hack anything. This looks like a GTO type hood mounted tach. Wondering what people's thoughts are. I like the idea it fits the Pontiac heritage and I can add tach w/out modifying my interior. But I don't like the idea of drilling a hole in the hood either. outside the car is remaining bone stock, but with aftermarket wheels and some suspension upgrades. Just wanting to get some input.... thanks in advance.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I was considering one of those for my 86' Regal project but I will have a 2" scoop also to kind of offset the look, I think by itself it might look out of place but I still like the nostalgia of their look and still have it on my Ebay watch list.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Have you considered just swapping in a stock gauge cluster with a tach?
26322-4108a44f8a0d00b610eb661a4dca0c3e.jpg

26324-59c3bd3934acf5c43bf124c59576ba8d.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

FL85GrandPrix

Apprentice
Nov 10, 2016
Tampa, FL
Jared- I didn't really think finding a factory cluster with more useful gauges would prove fruitful. But yes, that would be my IDEAL situation. Install factory Tach, Volt, Temp etc. Searching now!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Since I have all of my old Autometer gauges from my Monte my plan was always to make a custom dash insert for the Regal but I considered the hood tach just because I thought it looked cool and would be something different.

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Jared- I didn't really think finding a factory cluster with more useful gauges would prove fruitful. But yes, that would be my IDEAL situation. Install factory Tach, Volt, Temp etc. Searching now!
My car also came with a clock. I bought the gauges pictured above from a member on here. If they are what you want, start a thread in the 'wanted' section.

FL85GrandPrix

Apprentice
Nov 10, 2016
Tampa, FL
Will do Jared. One question, I notice the needles on the gauges you pictured are white. My gas gauge needle and speedo needle are orange. What's going on with that, i envisioned the needles orange. ??

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Will do Jared. One question, I notice the needles on the gauges you pictured are white. My gas gauge needle and speedo needle are orange. What's going on with that, i envisioned the needles orange. ??

I've seen both colors....not sure if it was a by year thing or not?

I know the 78 used silver faced gauges...hard to find and I think fairly sought after...

MfNV8r.jpg

I sold this set a few years ago..

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
OD: those '78 gauges are really cool! I've never seen the Pontiac gauges from that year - probably the coolest gbody gauges that I've seen.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I think it is based on year model. My 82 has white needles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor