Hooker 2466 shorties

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnicyo

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2013
Tampa
hey guys, I just ordered a pair of hooker 2466 headers from jegs ($170, great price!) and I will be using them for my 350 swap. I was wondering, can I bolt them up to the engine and drop them down in or do I need to install the engine and put the headers in from underneath? Thanks in advance!
-Nic

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
from underneath makes more sense. The other way could cause you to dent the headers as you're trying to finesse them into position from above. One false move and all the weight from the engine could smack those headers and bend them in just a split second of a mistake... Try not to have sweaty hands all over these headers they have 0 rust protection coating and surface rust fast if you put your hands all over them while installing and forget to wipe it off

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Since they are shorties, why can't you install both from the top with the engine already in place?

itsnicyo

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2013
Tampa
Thanks for the replies fellas! I dknt think they are going to be too hard to install after reading thr pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor