Hooker exhaust gasket wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Hey guys I am running a set of Hooker longtubes on my 78 malibu, part number 2550-2hkr. They are nice however do not fit well (kind of expected this) ended up removing the passenger side and messed up the gasket. I am asking if anyone on this board has a set of these gaskets (see pic) this gasket is steel on both sides with a paper layer in the middle.

I called both Hooker and Summit and these exact gaskets are either not available or no longer available. The set that Hooker sells ( 10808HKR ) is not the same. (Paper on outsides with steel in the middle. Primaries are 1/4" smaller as well)

I have a set of Fel Pro's on hand that I will use if I strike out on this attempt but right now I am trying to avoid removing the DS header again. I have had good success with ultra copper on both sides of the gasket and stage 8 locking bolts so that is what i used ...

Attachments

• F3C4D32F-C005-4609-A874-E4BE50BC7E1C.jpeg
    F3C4D32F-C005-4609-A874-E4BE50BC7E1C.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 82

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015
I don't have what you want, but if you wind up not being able to find them, I use RemFlex header gaskets. They're a couple dollars more than others, but they seem to work very well.

Reactions: 1 user

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
I don't have what you want, but if you wind up not being able to find them, I use RemFlex header gaskets. They're a couple dollars more than others, but they seem to work very well.
Thanks Yes I have used remflex, also Percy's dead soft. I find they all work well with the use of the locking header bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor