Hooker sbc manifolds in G body

Status
Not open for further replies.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
i'm new here and wanted to put this out, just got my car back last week from a full exhaust job and wanted to get this out to anyone who also hates headers.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
welcome to the site,thanks for posting the review,it's always good to know what works and what doesn't.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Welcome and yes indeed to see what works and what doesnt, now lets hear that exhaust... roll that beautiful bean footage.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Agreed. Let's hear it.
unfortunately my mechanic didn't capture it. i don't have the equip to do it myself, i'll do what i can down the line. the cats are magnaflow

53956 and mufflers are totalflow 1 chambers. its not what i hoped for but its far better than the stock manifolds, hollowed cat & Y pipes. i made 1 mistake maybe with the manifolds, got the Dports instead of the square ports. not sure what ports are on the heads but they are the TBI heads casting #14102193.​

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
welcome to the site,thanks for posting the review,it's always good to know what works and what doesn't.
yeah i bought those on a wing & a prayer, searched for over a yr to see if anyone else done it and found nothing. only thing i seen was 396 chevy (i think) advertising them for G bodys and went off A & G bodies sharing same headers.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Has anyone actually tested these vs headers or regular manifolds?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Looks like these manifolds lack low emission ports and being cast iron its probably more difficult to retrofit emission fittings like O2 sensor and AIR injection bungs onto them.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Has anyone actually tested these vs headers or regular manifolds?
there's nothing out there that i been able to find but i will say i went from the stock 305 manifolds to those. there's a impovement and i want to see what happens when i put 87 oct in and if or not still get a bunch of clatter when under load, the 350 did it worse than the 305.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Looks like these manifolds lack low emission ports and being cast iron its probably more difficult to retrofit emission fittings like O2 sensor and AIR injection bungs onto them.
that is true. i don't have to go thru the sniffer anymore in RI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor