hooking up a g-body

Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
after years of trying to get my car to hook up i'am real close :D with the help of the guys at a rollins automotive in fla... i installed there anti-roll bar and it works as advertised,i'am getting all 1.67 60s :D
i hope i do this right cause i don't how to send a link :oops: but i'am going to try
http://www.youtube.com/86mymcss

check it out and let me know what you think

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
What track?

Looks like you run 1/2 mile each run, 1/4 mile from the water box to the lights then the race. :lol:

What is the rest of the suspension?

You should be able to get low 1.40z to high 1.30z with a bar.

Good looking car by the way.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
hooked up

thanks guys, yeah its pulling the left tire :D the track i race at is gulfport dragway,i've been racing on and off for 11 years...started running at 15.40 and now in the 12.30s on the motor
i belive there's some left in the motor, i had the bar welded in about three race days ago and have been trying to get the tire pressure right, i found that the et streets work best at 20psi..this last time out i started at 20 and didn't mess with them and tried to get consistent,and was happy to get 2 35z and a 32 in a row :D
i haven't checked the timing or spark plugs since jan. and i'am still racing with a 180 degree thermostat, so i plan to readjust the valves and change the thermostat before the next time out
the set up on the rear end is a 9 in fab nine housing 4.11 detroit locker an 31 spline axles,i have adjustable upper arms ans solid lowers with re location brackets,the springs are moroso and stock shocks....here's a pic
100_0497.jpg
[/img]

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
What's the car weigh?

MPH on the runs?

Are the rear springs moroso "trick" springs?

Looks like you have the parts, now just got to get them dialed in.

Any chance your lowers could be moved back to the stock mounting spot on the rear?

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
hook up

the weight is 3860 with me in it

the mph was 109.

moroso sguat springs

i have three holes,i've got them in the lowest holes

what made this set up to start working was putting in the anti-roll bar...it changed every thing....i was lifting the left about 6in and twisting the frame. the right rear wheel opening was touching the tire so i took a hammer to it and rolled the lip :D.... now it stays a lot flatter and just jumps
if you have any suggestions on what to try i would appreciate all the help i can get :?
i do have some serious parts under my car , and the reason was to get it to hook...i always wanted a street car that can pull the wheels on demand i got to tell ya that its a blast to drive....thanks for the interest
the best thing was getting vids so i can see whats happening... :twisted:
it took about 14 passes to get it to hook,now i can work on tuning it to get the best out of it :twisted:

Reactions: 1 user

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
hook up

no, i've sort of heard about it . but never seen an example of doing it...
i guess your buddys luck is sort of like mine... i envy your job working in a race shop, i spent most of my time as a gm line mechanic... .... the guys that know how to set a g body, don't tell any body, or i just haven't found them yet.....but i'am doing the best i can...i really think i'll just go with 50/50 shocks...they might be easier to sneak past the old lady :D ...jesse

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Knowing the weight/mph tells me you are actually doing pretty good for the HP level you have.

On a perfect run you could hit a 12 flat.

You should not use rear trick springs and a anti-roll, one or the other.

Try moving the rear bars up a hole.

What's the front suspension?

Reactions: 1 user

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
hook up

stock with 90/10 shocks no sway bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor