Horrible bump steer to the right

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Just as the title suggests im having some bad bump steer issues. Only to the right side when hitting a big bump or dip. Last year I had a slight pull to the right when driving but no noticeable bump steer, ruled out caliper. This winter I went from a 25.5" tire on a 17" wheel to a 26" or 26.5" on an 18" wheel. I don't notice anything toward the left side.

2" Belltech drop spindles, stock height Moog springs+shocks, Moog balljoints, tie rods, and everything else. All 4 years old and regularly greased.

Doing a hillbilly alignment I have got toe almost dead on, and camber to -1 to -1.5* each side, fixed the pull to the right but the bump steer is the same. No idea on caster, waiting on the gauge to be delivered.

I've tried searching but didn't find anything as specific as mine. Besides swapping front wheels side to side and taking it to an actual shop, any ideas?

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
there is no reason the bump steer issue to the right should be any different than to the left. Have you squared the front end before you did your wheel alignment?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
My money is on a dead shock.

I dont think its a front end steering geometry issue like some responses have suggested. It wouldve been bad from the get go for that to be true.

Drop spindles keep the steering geometry in the same location anyways. (At least belltech 2100 and 2101 do)

Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I have basically the same setup, and it's okay, I guess? Are your tierods parallel to the LCAs?
Yessir, just went out to the garage and verified.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
there is no reason the bump steer issue to the right should be any different than to the left. Have you squared the front end before you did your wheel alignment?
I don't have the issue to the left. I hit a dip on the right side and the wheel is almost yanked out of my hands, hit a dip on the left and nothing.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
My money is on a dead shock.

I dont think its a front end steering geometry issue like some responses have suggested. It wouldve been bad from the get go for that to be true.

Drop spindles keep the steering geometry in the same location anyways. (At least belltech 2100 and 2101 do)
Never thought of that, they are cheap O'reilly shocks.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Maybe it's your car's desire to go left like alot of its cousins did in Nascar. :mrgreen:
Lol then I have issues because mine wants to go right!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor