Hot Rod Garage Presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
Been putting hot small blocks in those thing a few years after they came out. So what new. A truck vortec with a comp 282 hyd. roller cam and a 3.73 gear will get you in the mid 12s easy.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Gotta love Tony and Lucky, I really miss Tony on the show. I will admit Alex has skills but just isn't the same without him
I miss Tony on that show as well. With him and Lucky the show never felt scripted. Where it seems much more scripted with Alex. I believe she has real skills, but I don't like how the show has turned into a plot of us 'making sure' that we see that - my opinion.

Been putting hot small blocks in those thing a few years after they came out. So what new. A truck vortec with a comp 282 hyd. roller cam and a 3.73 gear will get you in the mid 12s easy.
Again this is my opinion, but the show is about showing how to do what you described above in an entertaining environment. Everything has been done before, imagine if they were trying things that didn't succeed, who would watch episode after episode of that content - they could call the show 'Watch Us Fail At The Hot Rod Garage' haha. I kinda like that everything they do doesn't turn out perfect on the 1st attempt and they continue to work on it in later episodes, i.e. the Grand National. I think it shows that building a fast car isn't as easy as some would have us believe. And building a 12 second street car takes more than a cam, gears and headers. And FWIW, a 12 second true street car is fast, despite the internet lore of everything needs 4 digit power.

I know that many don't care for Happel and his 'Sloppy' builds, but watching him from the early years learn as he went along was entertaining, and has led to the 'Don't BS Me' build recipe. If one was to only watch his Don't BS Me videos one could think that development of his 'recipe' was something extremely simple, easy and obvious - it was so obvious that it took him about 8 years to come up with it haha.

ck80 Curmudgeon fits - well done Texas82GP !

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Where it seems much more scripted with Alex. I believe she has real skills, but I don't like how the show has turned into a plot of us 'making sure' that we see that - my opinion.
In MT's collective bean counter eyes nobody wants to watch real out comes, just the perfect out comes with little to no showing of the work (good or bad) that get to that. Think back to why Ed China left Wheeler Dealers when MT put their ideas in how the show was to be done.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
In MT's collective bean counter eyes nobody wants to watch real out comes, just the perfect out comes with little to no showing of the work (good or bad) that get to that. Think back to why Ed China left Wheeler Dealers when MT put their ideas in how the show was to be done.
That's another good example of someone I miss a lot but don't mind his replacement even though it wasn't what I enjoyed about the show but isn't a deal breaker.

the princess bride books GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor