how big of carb i can go on a 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
3310-1 Holley 780 cfm - double pumpers suck ash on the street. And the 3310 will not hurt at the strip on a small motor.

Reactions: 1 users

rafael martinez jr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2017
new jersey
has for the fuel injection i had friends give me the parts and some i had to buy but the next motor i will run fuel injection with a turbo and nos trying to build a stoker motor or go back to a big block and my friend went from fuel injection to carb and picked up a few tenths

Last edited:

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
has for the fuel injection i had friends give me the parts and some i had to buy but the next motor i will run fuel injection with a turbo and nos trying to build a stoker motor or go back to a big block and my friend went from fuel injection to carb and picked up a few tenths

I have to say/point out, if you want to run a carb on an LS, then the best time to do it is with a turbski. No need for an intercooler with a blowthrough carb on C16 or E85.

Reactions: 4 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
If your serious contact one of the good carb builders to build you a carb. They will take all your build info and make a carb that will be bolt on and go. APD has built my last 3 carbs and they were perfect right out of the box.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor