How can you not laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Here I thought the stock size wheels on those cars looked too big. Besides the already mentioned brake issues with oversized rims, you have to wonder how well the stock spindles, bearings, and hubs can handle the extra mass too. Generally big wheels need big hubs with big beefy bearings, like on HD trucks.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
The stock 20" SS wheels barely clear the stock Brembo brake calipers on these cars and they're heavy as He!!. My 22" Vossens and the 22" Beyerns on my Z28 weigh less than the stock 20" SS wheels.

Reactions: 1 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
The stock 20" SS wheels barely clear the stock Brembo brake calipers on these cars and they're heavy as He!!. My 22" Vossens and the 22" Beyerns on my Z28 weigh less than the stock 20" SS wheels.
An upgraded 22" wheel is actually not that much larger than the stock 20" wheels.
Also have to say that if some thought is put into the upgraded wheels/tires, the upgraded wheel matches the overall design of the car (including matching the wheel arch); the upgraded wheel can look just fine and is a nice personalization/customization to the car.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Guys have pushed the envelope way too far these days. I've never seen any car that looks good on 32s, and very few (handful) that look decent on 30s. Any wheel & tire package that requires me to cut my fenders/quarters or use wheel spacers/adapters isn't for me.

View attachment 94601
I will say this Camaro's wheel and tire setup looks pretty nice.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor