How cool is this - Paddle shifter for manual trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
http://www.mastershift.com/p_street_manual.html

Just for kicks the other night I decided to do a search for paddle shifters. I was checking on Twist Machine's website who were the ones that originally came out with the paddle shifter setup for electronic automatics.

It got me thinking about years and years ago guys were asking about paddle shifting a manual trans but no one had heard of anyone that's done it.

Well know you can. Kind of a neat setup. Not something I'd necessarily put on my car (unless I just had $2500 laying around) but still cool nonetheless. Only thing that would make it better is if they had a way to not use the clutch for each shift.

Now something that I WOULD consider is the straightline shfiter they offer. Push forward for upshifts and backwards for downshfits.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Yea that would be cool, if like you said, I just had the money layin around.

FE3X CLONE said:
Now something that I WOULD consider is the straightline shfiter they offer. Push forward for upshifts and backwards for downshfits.

Kinda reminds me of the old Hurst V-Matic, but in electronic form.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That's kinda cool,,,you seem to come across all this technology, did you get your power window switches?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
pontiacgp said:
That's kinda cool,,,you seem to come across all this technology, did you get your power window switches?

Yep. Power window switches, power window motors and regulators, electronic cruise control and the big purchase, an Accel Thruster EFI system with dual-sync distributor for full sequential efi. Already have a base tune to get it running. :)

Now, if I could just find time to work on the car....work has just been crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor