How did my Cutlass even run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
The Buick 455 swapped 86 cutlass i had years back had rubber tubing meant for rv sink plumbing as a section of fuel line. Lol

black_aerocoupe

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
The ignition module has backup advance systems built in so once the operating rpm reaches a couple different thresholds, it has advance; just not as smooth as a properly working CCC dist./ECM. This is also why an original ignition module is better then the crapftermarket modules. And it is why there are multiple HEI modules, even though some look the same and might "work" in place of each other.

So no, the ECM removed won't prevent startup.

Reactions: 1 user

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
i am lucky my cutlass is a 80 so no computers but it has a s,load of vacum hoses most of which are missing or broken. it is difficult to get parts for a 1980 they go up to 79 then jump to 82 and good luck trying wrecking yards. i found one at pull and save the other day but someone trashed it inside and out,didn't pull any parts just smashed things,damn. i also found out my dist has a wire that goes to a vacume sensor for advance? i am not sure so i hooked it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor