How do i pick a master cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
So i tried to put on my new wilwood prop valve, and realized the master cylinder uses 1/4 line out, and the wilwood prop valve takes 3/16 line in. so i am looking for a good bolt on master cylinder, i dont care if its a little harder to push the pedal, just not too hard because i have a condition in my right let. i dont have any clue what master cylinder sizes are and how each are different which is why im asking you guys.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have always driven two footed so my left foot is always above the brake pedal, I know that is not how they teach you in driver's education but it gives you a faster reaction time unless you get too old to where you get to the point you can't remember what foot does what.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
I have always driven two footed so my left foot is always above the brake pedal, I know that is not how they teach you in driver's education but it gives you a faster reaction time unless you get too old to where you get to the point you can't remember what foot does what.
yea i tried left foot braking but ended up in my steering wheel, i could learn since i have to learn soon anyway once i get a 240sx

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Im upgrading the front brakes to c6 z06

adjusting the brake bias you apply more or less pressure to the back brakes. The combination valve that is made for this car takes into account the weight of the car and the safe amount of rear braking. If you have too much rear brake and your car isn't headed straight when you apply the brakes your back end will lock up and could put your car sideways depending on how fast you are going.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
On my 86, with a Summit (Wilwood under the sticker) adjustable prop valve, and 4 wheel disc (stock front and 80 Eldorado rear) I used a 85 Trans Am 4 wheel disc master cylinder. Complete bolt on to my power booster, rod depth was the same as the Monte as well. My adjustable prop valve is plumbed into my rear brakes only however.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
adjusting the brake bias you apply more or less pressure to the back brakes. The combination valve that is made for this car takes into account the weight of the car and the safe amount of rear braking. If you have too much rear brake and your car isn't headed straight when you apply the brakes your back end will lock up and could put your car sideways depending on how fast you are going.
i know that but most of the time the braking is 50/50. it changes in "emergency" braking situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor