how do u remove all the smog stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
has atone down this on a 305h.o.? or any GBody? I wanna remove everything bec it's in my way all the time...is there any caps for the exhaust manifolds etc? if anyone has instructions that would be great! thanks.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Usually removing the emissions will make the car perform much worse, you really have to know what you are doing. About the only thing you can remove without negative side effects is the AIR system, aka the smog pump.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
Clone TIE Pilot said:
Usually removing the emissions will make the car perform much worse, you really have to know what you are doing. About the only thing you can remove without negative side effects is the AIR system, aka the smog pump.
yea thats what i want to remov, hhow do i do that?

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
1) know what your doing.
2) The best thing as far as the exhaust manifolds is get headers. If you don't want to do this, you can cap the A.I.R. bosses in the manifolds with iron plumbing plugs. Get them at the Home Depot. I dont remember the size. Bring your A.I.R. lines and match them up.
3) If you want to get rid of the computer, swap out the carb and distributor with non computer equivalents.

BTW, where are you on the island?

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
has atone down this on a 305h.o.?

My lord, what the heck is that supposed to mean?

It's self explanatory really. There's no special knowledge required. Just unbolt everything that's part of the AIR system and remove it then plug the manifolds with pipe plugs. There will be one vacuum line that went to it that would then obviously need to be plugged but once you get under there and look you'll see there isn't anything to it.

]

Blueboy84

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2010
Northern Kentucky
^this

The AIR system is about all you can reomove w/o some changes. If you can get your hands on a 87 SS ECM and a ZZ4 chip, you can also remove the EGR. Just depends on what you have in mind and how far you want to go.

I wouldn't remove the CCC system unless you had specific reasons in mind. It's not just the distributor and carb you'd have to change out. You'd also have to wire up a switch to lock up the converter.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Have fun trying to get those AIR tube fittings out of the manifolds :lol: . You'll probably have better luck replacing them with non-AIR manifolds or headers. If you have emissions testing in your area you'll have to reinstall everything before every inspection.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
DoubleV said:

It's self explanatory really. There's no special knowledge required. Just unbolt everything that's part of the AIR system and remove it then plug the manifolds with pipe plugs. There will be one vacuum line that went to it that would then obviously need to be plugged but once you get under there and look you'll see there isn't anything to it.

]
i ment to type anyone lol my ipod froze, but yea im afraid to take the manifold off because theyre old and i feel that the bolts might be stuck and snap off. and im in smithtown L.I.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I'm so sorry, but this:

DoubleV said:

was the best laugh I've had in a few days. Almost choked on my food. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor