1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you return damaged parts?

Discussion in 'GBodyParts.com' started by my1979chevy, Apr 26, 2016.

1. ssbrewskyaz

ssbrewskyaz Master Mechanic

Folks I'll tell you, I purchase a lot of parts. These jokers charged my credit car on 12/1 of 2016 and I've yet to see any parts. I've sent two previous eMails without the courtesy of a reply. I just sent them an ultimatum eMail and will be asking this site administrators to consider removing them from this site. I mean really, communication is the key, if the stuff is out of stock, tell me. If I choose to wait, fine, if I want my money back, get it done. It's really that simple.

After all the hype about how accurate their parts are compared to others I'm beginning to think the entire ordeal was a snow job. I know a lot of the folks work, scrimp and save to purchase their hot rod parts and when people screw with that, I get pissed. Is this going to be a financial hardship for me, no not really but that isn't the point at all. Some of the folks on this site it might be. Every person or entity I've purchased parts from on this site has been exceptional, with the exception of these jokers. It shouldn't be tolerated.

Anyone know what it takes to get in touch with the Mods or Admins? ...

2. Texas82GP

Texas82GP Comic Book Super Hero
    Silver

Start a conversation (PM) with GP403. He's the Admin.

3. pontiacgp

pontiacgp Rocket Powered Basset Hound

I would get your paperwork together and contact the police department where Brian Weaver lives. I wouldn't contact GP403, he just owns this place and not responsible for transactions. Plus there has been enough complaints about GbodyParts that I'm surprised people still buy from him. If you want a description of him, this is from his booking in 2015

Name Date
    WEAVER, GILBERT BRIAN 2015-01-09
    Race Gender
    White Male
    Weight Height Age
    222lbs 6' 00" 46
    Bond Amount Bond Type Status
    $20000 SECU PRET
    Charge
    Level Charge
    Felony SAFECRACKING
    Felony CONSPIRE COMMIT FEL LARCENY
    Other Bookings (Click date to view)
    Date Charge
    2015-01-06 [​IMG] INJURY TO PERSONAL PROP

4. ssbrewskyaz

OK, So maybe I flew off the handle a little on this although not returning eMail messages is a cardinal sin as far as I'm concerned. Yes, it's a small operation as far as people are concerned, and yes it's frustrating not to get relevant answers back. Most importantly I think Brian is trying to get the best parts for the best price. This crap that's sold as reproduction belt line moldings for G-Bodys is exactly that, crap. Brian is trying to get the company that makes the stuff to make it right. That costs money.

Don't get me wrong, there's still no excuse for ignoring people but I understand the dilemma. I used to work all day and come home to run my own business. Really starts to look like one continuous cycle after a while, weekends, holidays etc.. I get it, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head here but that's not really the point. The point is I think the guy is passionate about the cars and burns the candle at both ends.

At the end of the day, they refunded my money. The money isn't the issue, I need the freakin parts and won't use the aforementioned crap masquerading as a reproduction of the GM original. I don't personally know Brian nor the two girls that I've corresponded with, I have just resolved myself to try and help get the parts made correctly instead of head bangin the guy that's trying to help get that done.

And another day just flew by. ...

• Like Like x 1
  5. pontiacgp

I don't think you flew off the handle but I'm glad you got your money back. What parts are you looking for?

6. ssbrewskyaz

G-Body Sealing Strip Rolled Edge.JPG I was trying to get reproduction Belt Line Moldings, most people call them dew strips or cat whiskers. GM calls them window seals. Brian said he had parts that were identical to the OE pieces so I was willing to wait. When they came in from the supplier, he said they were the same as all the other repops and so he sent them back.

Look, I don't fault anyone for using these parts, but they're not reproductions. In my opinion, a reproduction really isn't a reproduction if it isn't the same as the original piece being reproduced. It may very well be a replacement, but it damned sure isn't a reproduction if all of the original attributes aren't present.

Like I said in my most recent post; it wasn't that they were giving me the runaround, it was that they weren't replying to my eMails. That really lights me up if I feel I'm being ignored by someone that has some of my money. I've since had several discussions with Brian. Will we ever get the real deal? I don't know, apparently it's cost prohibitive to process the final step in the manufacturing process that makes the ends correct.

And so I wait for parts I can put on my car. ...

7. pontiacgp

8. ssbrewskyaz

9. 83hurst#1812

83hurst#1812 Not-quite-so-new-guy

There are original GM ones still out there ....I'm guessing you've tried that ?

Sent you a PM

#19 83hurst#1812, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017