How does the Glove box latch come off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2017
Hello, does anyone know how to get the knob off the glove box latch ? Actually I got it off but it won't stay together any longer. I don't want to break the other one I have. I used two screwdrivers to pry the knob off. Probably wasn't the right way. Thanks.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Basically use paperclip wire. Open the door, rotate the knob back to the closed position. There's a tiny pinhole you can then slip the paperclip wire into, which will depress the tumblers. Once depressed, the lock cylinderassembly slides out

Reactions: 1 users

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'm glad this has been brought up again. I'll be taking my glovebox apart soon for prep and paint and wanna remove the lock and do it right.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Always use the proper tools. ;)
1571220712172.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
....and another......hehehehe....once you have mastered the lock removal you do feel a little embarrassed about all your rough efforts to break in.....

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Odd. Ive seen this question asked before. I used a prybar, popped the thing apart and put it back together with a soft face hammer. Never came apart. Do I have something different ?

carl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2017
ill see if mine goes back together as you said. seems not likely though. i have no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor