How I found my first G-body

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup my story is i let my brother (above) borrow a bunch of money and he really couldnt pay me back so he gave me the car in the form of a pile of parts. he didnt have the money to build it so instead he gave it to me. and guess what i dont have the money to put it together either.haha, oh well i really do love that car though. its come a long way in the past 2 years.

hey man dont make me out to be that bad its more the lack of time weve had than money lol

I was actually looking for an X-body Nova (75-79 I think) like the sleeper that my mom owned and gave me for two weeks B4 junking it (a long sad story). I went to quite a few used car lots and the best I could find was a 78 Nova with a cracked up pass side (the picture in the ad only showed the good side. Instead of getting mad I just walked down the street to another used car dealership and found my '78 Malibu sitting in the back. At the time it had a blown-up 427 BBC that was patched back together to get it to the dealership. I almost walked out, but my father asked him where the original equipment went to, since obviously BBCs weren't offered in these cars since '71 I believe. The guy called up the kid that sold the car to him and I got the O.E. drivetrain for free because the kid's parents just wanted it out of their backyard. The 427 BBC ironically resides in a Nova and now displaces 468 cubes. The Malibu still runs too.

Chickenbone

hold on hold on hold on how is it a 403 olds regal?

Project:Restore78Malibu said:
hold on hold on hold on how is it a 403 olds regal?

Engine swap :? :? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor