How I got the G-body fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingo84

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
Well, first of all I want to say this is a great forum. I'm here daily to read tips'n'tricks, other's projects and offcourse to help out others when I can. And it feels cool to be stationed in Norway and have such good contact with the U.S. G-owners at the same time. I wonder if there are more people from Norway here.
I didn't know much about the G-body before I got my Supreme. I was totally into F-body. I had a F before too.. The Bandit 77' :)
But now about my G. I were just lookin' on used cars online. My plan was just to look at veteran rear wheel drive dirt-cheap cars.. for fun. FIrst I found a 70's Cutlass. But it was sold. Then I looked a bit further and found this BOX Olds even cheaper. I was thinking "hey, this looks interesting. 350 sbc, rear wheel drive, two doors, bench seats.. Awesome.
I made the call and I made my mind instantly. I HAD to buy this car.
With a buddy, we took the train heading towards Sweden. Just not all the way to the border. I was excited... The feeling when you know you're going to soon own an American classic is priceless here in Norway ;) I started it up when we arrived, looked alittle underneath.. I knew there was alot of rust. The seller even said "you're basicly paying only for the engine and transmission here". He wanted to scrap the rest.. But hey, I see more than just a car here. It's American history. I just love the way these cars say "80's". With the boxy shapes, chrome, comfort seats and coloumn shifter. I love my Cutty so much its driving some people "why the **** do you bother with this old car?" :blam:
I have taken care of every rust spot (and not to mention rustholes.. I would call them Grand Canyon). I don't even have good economy. My priority is to finish this Supreme. No matter what. I have sweated, bleeded, cried, hit and thrown things in anger while restoring this.. at the same time trying to handle my problems in life.
At first when I saw this car, I did not fancy the looks that much :roll: But quickly it began to grow on me. Then I fell in love with it. And NOW I can't live without it! Its like a ****ed up relationship. How sick is that? :p
I love the way these cars look in 80's and 90's action movies. They just fit right in. Its always the gangsters who drive them, right?
Just now, I am low on cash and need to take care of a situation. But I really really want more performance parts so I finaly can put my frame on wheels, engine/transmission, and body back together. It's going to be a semi-performance daily cruiser. I don't want to make a car that can only be taken to the strip, or only can be garage kept to wipe dust off it..
It will be driven, like it was made for. Only in a better way because of all the new performance parts we can buy today :)
I'm actually going to build this car to live in the mediterranean Europe for a while. I'm only going to take with me luggage in this car, and nothing more. Then I leave this country. The feeling will be priceless. Me, the road and my Supreme :mrgreen:
Now I'm going to watch a Cutlass movie: Four Brothers. Cheers peeps! Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor