How long are tires good for???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
How long are tires good for that are not driven alot I have heard 10 years but my car doesn't get driven much and just looked and they were made in 2011?Thanks

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Might be good for rollers but i wouldnt take them on any long trips. I heard once that if you live where they do inspections it was 6 years. I ran that old and older on stuff that is just around town., always worried they would cause issues at high speed

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
So much depends on how they are used, properly used, climate, storage, Uv exposer - my car trailer tires get replaced after 4 seasons and they are always covered and stored indoors in the winter. My motor home tires are now 6 years old w/ 18,000 miles always covered but showing signs of cracking and are getting replaced. Yes you have heard right of ten years MAX but what is your safety worth.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
if you have the cash, get new tires if they sit that long.

tires on 40 year barnfinds may hold air and look fine, but get some rolling weight in them they'll come apart on ya.

worse case you blow one and lose control or god forbid hit someone else. even new cheapo tires will be better than old ones.

but now you have an excuse to just ****in roast the ones you got :twisted::twisted:

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
6 years, driven or not, dry rotted or not.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor