How long does it take to ship a set of wheels ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Hello gbody brothers
I ordered a set of AR wheels through my local shop , nothing custom just common 17x 8” torq thrust polished wheels
I have been waiting nearly 10 weeks now
I believe the are coming from the land of covid , but I’m pretty sure I could have walked that far by now
Is everyone waiting this long or just me ? Is us mags experiencing the same wait times ?
15”US Indy wheels was my 2nd choice .
I’m almost ready to cancel my order if it doesn’t leave my local shop holding the bag

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Were they backordered when you placed your order?

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Look up 'just in time' inventory. It's been the craze for decades now.

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Look up 'just in time' inventory. It's been the craze for decades now.
a coworker of mine was a writer @ a dealer and it was that way.she said it was the worst thing she's ever experienced.

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I just waited 10 weeks for a water pump, and it drove me crazy, because the company I special ordered it from would not communicate effectively. Have you paid for the wheels already? Is the local shop a respectable one? It may not be their fault, but I would make sure of it, by asking to see a copy of the purchase order.

Reactions: 2 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
I just waited 10 weeks for a water pump, and it drove me crazy, because the company I special ordered it from would not communicate effectively. Have you paid for the wheels already? Is the local shop a respectable one? It may not be their fault, but I would make sure of it, by asking to see a copy of the purchase order.
I trust the local shop completely , no I’ve not paid for them .
Not sure if the shop has an obligation to buy the wheels from supplier if I cancel
I won’t leave them holding the bag

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
AR claims wheels are made in America, that is a lie... Most are made on the other side of the pond, my particular model was made in Korea. So, to answer your question, long enough to fill a shipping container with order and then get it across the water and then distributed to distributors.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Most are made on the other side of the pond, my particular model was made in Korea. So, to answer your question, long enough to fill a shipping container with order and then get it across the water and then distributed to distributors.
= long time.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
AR claims wheels are made in America, that is a lie... Most are made on the other side of the pond, my particular model was made in Korea. So, to answer your question, long enough to fill a shipping container with order and then get it across the water and then distributed to distributors.
AR cast wheels in Mexico for YEARS before the move to China. They used to claim they were machined in the US, but I don't recall seeing any claims of made in USA for a Looooong time.

Unless they're getting a killer deal on them, I'd cancel and buy elsewhere. We have no problems getting aftermarket wheels from our local shop...OE aluminum wheels are sometimes another story though., In fact, boss just bought a set of ARs for his new-to-him 71 GTO last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor