how much hp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue beast

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2010
455 Buick Master Performance Engine Kit High Comp w/Cam

WBK253

Master Performance Engine Kit for 1970-76 Buick 455ci engines.
Hastings Moly Piston Rings
Clevite rod bearings
Clevite main bearings
Durabond cam bearing set
Fel-Pro complete gasket set with intake valley pan gasket
Cloyes- Street True roller timing set .250 double roller 3 Keyway
Melling HV Oil Pump Kit
Sealed Power High Compression Hypereutectic Piston Set H392NCP .130" deep, 4v relief -23cc Volume; 9.5:1 CR w/68cc @.030 Limited sizes from SpeedPro
Brass Freeze Plug Kit
Speed Pro Camshaft Lift .469/.493; Duration 290/300 214/224 @ .050 112 lobe
Matching Valve Springs
Johnson Lifter Set
THIS IS MY REBUILD KIT PLUS HEADERS FROM TA PERFORMANCE THE ORIGINAL BIG PORT HEADS AN A ELDEBROCK DUAL PLAIN INTAKE ....THE MOTOR IS OUT OF A 1970 BUICK ELECTRA...WILL I HIT 400 HP AT THE FLYWHEEL?

Shipping
We charge shipping based on the rates provided to us by UPS, FedEx and the USPS. Shipping costs for combined orders will be discounted. Orders are generally shipped one business day after payment is received. Tracking information is e-mailed on the day the order is shipped.

Click here to calculate shipping for this item

Bidding, Payment and Check-Out Sales Tax
Sales Tax is applicable in the following states: Florida.

Payment

We accept and prefer PayPal. We also accept VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover on our secure web server.

Return Policy
We accept returns within 14 days. All returns are subject to a handling charge. Returns (including packaging) must be in new, sellable condition.

Contact Us
We strive to give the best service possible. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your service, contact us by phone 800-792-9984 or e-mail at [email protected]

Check out our other listings!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Infopia :: Leaders in Listing Innovation

Easily 😀 😀 Cant wait to see you at the track... 😀

Cam lift numbers alone don't tell much. Adding the duration at 50 helps. Assuming something a little greater than 230@50 duration I would say 400HP is a good guess. Probably more importantly to making a full interior street car go fast and a really enjoyable driver will be the 500+ pounds of torque.

Decking the block and or to a lesser degree milling the heads to get a zero deck, a tight quench, and a true 9.5-1 or greater compression is always good for both power & detonation resistance. With a typical thick aftermarket gasket a piston doesnt usually make quite as much compression as it rated to. You may know all this and actually have a zero deck with an actual measured calculated compression but I assumed not since you are asking for HP estimates & only included one cam spec. I love the Buick 455 for a hot street engine. Check out http://www.v8buick.com

Proper quench & smooth combustion chambers help a lot for getting the most power out of your fuel & proper flame travel in order to resist detonation. For perspective I built an actual measured calculated 10.0-1 compression 509ci that ran great on 89 octane. (I still ran premium when I raced.) I pulled the engine apart after almost 9,000 miles inspected it and found no signs of detonation. Compression is efficiency good for more power and economy from the same engine right up to the point of detonation. How thin to run that line is up to you but generally it seems up to about 10.2-1 is the safe limit. (Good machine work, most older V8s, pump premium, most of our summer climate) Sorry for getting off on a tangent but hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor