How much would you pay for a thermostat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
So today I checked prices for a new OE thermostat for my L92. Can you believe local prices ranged from $57 at the dealer to $29.99 for a Duralast at AutoZone? One of the salesman said it was because it was for a Cadillac application...yea right. The same part fits all LS engines from 2007-2012. I later found the OE original GM part # on e bay shipped to my home for only $9.99...sweet! I wonder how many people unknowingly get screwed and pay the markup....

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The hell? I agree with L67. 10 bucks or gtfo.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
That's crazy. I would be interested to see what an A/C Delco one would run. There is a lot of weird stuff out there that calls for special applications. I can't tell you the weird symptoms I have encountered on cars by people putting in after-market parts that "Exceed Manufacturers Specifications"
This is a bit of a stretch but the questioning part of me would warrant a little more research as it may have a little by-pass valve or another characteristic that we don't know about.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Don't forget the cost of the box. Seems like one place makes a part but supplies it to several different suppliers. Then depending on the name on the box, the price varies. Don't know how many Delco parts I have seen in other suppliers boxes with all different prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor