"How much!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Anyone get pestered by people asking how much your car is when there is no indication it is for sale?

Maybe it's just me but everyone that asks me about my cutlass when I am driving around town or whatever doesn't say how nice it is, ask whats done to it or anything they go straight to "How much". Don't ask if you consider selling it, just go straight to how much. I don't get the whats done to it or other type of comments until you go to shows or something like that.

Its funny too because you can look on craigslist and pick up a decent, running, rust free G body for 2500 (or less). Why do they target ones that obviously are owned and cared by their owner? I would be ok with it if they struck up a conversation and eventually led into "would you consider selling it" but they just assume its for sale and (usually rudely) demand a price.

Rant for the day...

Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
"$25 Grand and its yours...." usually ends that conversation pretty quick.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Anyone get pestered by people asking how much your car is when there is no indication it is for sale?

Maybe it's just me but everyone that asks me about my cutlass when I am driving around town or whatever doesn't say how nice it is, ask whats done to it or anything they go straight to "How much". Don't ask if you consider selling it, just go straight to how much. I don't get the whats done to it or other type of comments until you go to shows or something like that.

Its funny too because you can look on craigslist and pick up a decent, running, rust free G body for 2500 (or less). Why do they target ones that obviously are owned and cared by their owner? I would be ok with it if they struck up a conversation and eventually led into "would you consider selling it" but they just assume its for sale and (usually rudely) demand a price.

Rant for the day...
Yea and usually they don't got a cent to their name either. Most of the time the question goes "nice car, you selling it?" ". Do I look that needy right now? If I told you $1000 you probably won't pay for it either way!

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I just tell them $30 grand will buy it . They usually walk away. I had one guy last year call my bluff. Then my wife jumped up and said "No Way are you selling our El Camino"...lol Dodged a bullet on that one.:cool: View attachment 52591
WOW nice car! Its a camaro pick up right? "How much?" :rofl:

No but seriously nice Elco.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
image.jpeg
I don't even drive mine since well it's not done but when it's out in the drive way I have people come up and ask me how much and they say 1500$ cause they think it's a piece of discolour junk until I say look under it then they are in shock

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I can honestly say I have never had it happen - In fact the direct opposite of no interest even when I have tried selling - even on this site.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I can honestly say I have never had it happen - In fact the direct opposite of no interest even when I have tried selling - even on this site.

Easy fix just paint it black. Everything about a g body looks good with a black paint job.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
You might have something there - Couldn't get $3500 for either one, 21,000 miles on one & 52000 on the other.

1981.jpg

IMG_4946.JPG

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I usually say 5 grand. If they do, booya. I get 5 grand. Basically what I put in the car and I can have another project car. Most of the tools that offer barely have a 1/3 that so I get a laugh. It's win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor