How to deal with fumes in the shop?

kirk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 4, 2021
Since you are draining the tank you might as well remove it completely. Check for rust and a good time to replace the lines and hoses. Did the gas gauge work? Fixable when it is out. If the tank is good you can extend it's life by painting with POR-15 and then undercoating it.
The car wasn't running when I got it. Gonna take the tank out this weekend to see what shape it's in. Most of the rust has been superficial minus the floor pans.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Thanks for this. I just put three fans in there and it's doing much better. I got a siphon and tried getting the fuel out, but nothing came out. I'll get back down there in a bit and give the tank a jiggle to see if anything is sloshing around down there.

Long term I'm shopping for a big exhaust fan I can mount in the wall. Something that can circulate air pretty good to keep it fresh. I'm not to worried about the cold, but I'm dreading when summer hits.

Last time I needed to drain a stock tank I used:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Consider getting a carbon monoxide detector.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Hurst so good

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2020
I have a 600sf shop with 15' ceilings. im running a 30 amp 220v 5000??, yeah, 5000btu electric heater and a ceiling fan. works like a charm and is safe. I have it all set up and plumbed for radiant heat but I haven't tied into the furnace cause I'm scared shitless of the oil bill. the electric unit was a quick fix.......5 year ago.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor