How to keep mice out ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Really don't want to leave the car in the driveway under a cover another winter. Dont have the scratch this winter to put it up in the heated warehouse I used to. I have a good friend who said I can park it in his barn for free but there is likely mice. What is the lesser of 2 evils ?

Nov 4, 2012
I'd park it outside with a cover on it before I parked it in a barn with mice. Mice **** up everything. Wiring, HVAC, insulation, interiors, rubber hoses, etc. Their piss is corrosive too.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I park my GP covered and outside......and think of the 20' x 8' section of your driveway you won't have to shovel....:)

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Mothballs seems to work for mice but omg in the spring it needs airing out!! Tree rats is more of a problem in my area, but l better not say how l deal with them getting under the hood. 👿

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have to add that my son has his dogs roaming the property plus there are some barn cats so I'm not too worried about mice and other critters

dog1.jpg

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
I've heard that you can soak cotton balls in peppermint oil as the critters hate that...and place them in and under your car. Your car may smell like Christmas after the winter months however...good reminder of the holidays?!. Lol! But out here in AZ lot of guys swear it keeps the pack rats out which eat everything on parked cars...

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
+1 mothballs. place a few around inside, under the hood, in the trunk, yeah it doesn't smell nice until it airs out but its super effective.

tumblr_kyomu8Pwuo1qa12hvo1_500.jpg

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Sticky traps also help. Bait with crushed peanuts. I have bagged many a packrat that way. Put them along the doors sills. When you've caught one, throw the whole thing away.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Having made that mistake once, I'd take a driveway over a barn any day. The mice hadn't been living in it (no nests) but had traveled through just enough to make a mess. Plus the birds sh*t all over it and a cat pissed on my wheels. Luckily it's not cosmetically that nice to begin with and cleaned up okay. But never again.
20180816_141959.jpg

I've always kept dryer sheets all over the inside of my Cutlass when its not being driven and never have had a mouse in it. Plus it smells great in the spring. I used D-con and occasionally traps outside near the wheels and killed plenty of mice that way. But, it always lives inside so kind of an apples and oranges situation.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor