How to make 26s fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2017
I have a 81 chevy malibu I'm trying to put 26s on it was the best was to make them fit with minimal to no cutting and would a suspension from a different car fit?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Frame swap onto a truck chassis should do it. Enjoy your truck.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Why in the world would you want to F up a Malibu like that. It'll look like a clown car at a circus

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
o_O

Reactions: 1 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
If you're going for a DONK, I know there are 4" lift spindles out there somewhere for Gbodies, but you'll need the 82-up metric rotors and bearings. Not sure how they lift the back.

If you're tucking the wheels so it actually looks good, there will be plenty of cutting and welding involved. Would be a very in depth project, but would probably look badass if you made it work

Gameover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2017
If you're going for a DONK, I know there are 4" lift spindles out there somewhere for Gbodies, but you'll need the 82-up metric rotors and bearings. Not sure how they lift the back.

If you're tucking the wheels so it actually looks good, there will be plenty of cutting and welding involved. Would be a very in depth project, but would probably look badass if you made it work
Thank u but I was try not to do so much cutting in the rear

• Sad

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Maybe stick with 22" and under, it will fit without hacking up the car and still sit at factory height or lower depending on actual rim and tire size.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Cheap way, use a truck body off frame lift they come in different sizes 1",2" an so on.

Then it will depend on tires your putting on the rims . Will have to rework the bumper hangers/brackets.

Air-ride suspension? $$$$

Screenshot_20190216-182534~2.png
I know it's a truck but it's only got a 3" body off kit an l was able to put 38" tires on it. Just for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor