Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Sorry, I can't really help. I've done the 26s on a G-body before and did not like the outcome. It can be done, but it will be labor intensive and is still going to sit high.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Gameover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2017
AND THAT IS WHY THIS BUILD WILL BE SPECTACULAR BECAUSE ALL U NEGATIVE PEOPLE ACTUALLY GIVE ME THE FUEL TO MAKE IT HAPPEN SO I THANK ALL U BROKE HAITER THAT CANT AFFORD TO BUILD SUCK A WONDERFUL CAR THANK U 🤣🤣

• Optimistic
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Easy there, Scooter. It's just a gentle joshin' across the interwebz. Personally, I'd love to see a build thread on how it's done (as long as you're doing it and not farming it out).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
Personally I wouldn’t even try it. I have 16” rims with 225-50s on the front and they would rub the inner fenders when I first put them on even with stock suspension. I have the bigger B-body spindles with Global West tubular upper A-arms and Camaro 1LE rotors on it, which moved the wheels out a little, but I ordered custom wheels to push the wheels back in. I used to have 4 IROC front rims on it and could not run them when I switched spindles. I never tried the IROC rear rims which have a bigger offset than the fronts.

You will have to lift the car up very high, DONK style and/or cut it up a lot. Either way I think it will look terrible and probably ride worse. It’s your car and if you like the DONK look, that’s entirely up to you. I am a fan of lowering and putting the widest tire you can on it.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Gameover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2017
Personally I wouldn’t even try it. I have 16” rims with 225-50s on the front and they would rub the inner fenders when I first put them on even with stock suspension. I have the bigger B-body spindles with Global West tubular upper A-arms and Camaro 1LE rotors on it, which moved the wheels out a little, but I ordered custom wheels to push the wheels back in. I used to have 4 IROC front rims on it and could not run them when I switched spindles. I never tried the IROC rear rims which have a bigger offset than the fronts.

You will have to lift the car up very high, DONK style and/or cut it up a lot. Either way I think it will look terrible and probably ride worse. It’s your car and if you like the DONK look, that’s entirely up to you. I am a fan of lowering and putting the widest tire you can on it.
Well I have the rims already and I am looking for the donk look I was hoping someone that did it already saw my post and give me the recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor