HOW TO POST A NEW THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I don't know when it happened, but for some reason users are joining up and literally don't know how to post a new thread. That's cool, we all have to learn somehow, but messaging me the admin with your questions really isn't what this is all about. That and there's a 99% chance I don't know the answer to "How do I put an LS in my V6 Buick" or "where can I get <random unobtainium part>?"

That's what the forum is for. We're all one big happy (if maybe insane) community.

So, here's how you post a new thread. It's not hard. You're probably just not looking in the right place, and once you see it, bricks will be, uh, laid.

1. From the home page (https://gbodyforum.com/) scroll down the page to the list of forum sections. This isn't facebook. Everything is arranged somewhat hierarchically. That means its actually organized.

2. Click on the forum section that is most relevant to the topic or question you want to post. Posting about your new wheels in the electrical section for example probably wouldn't be helpful. Some sections have their own rules so keep that in mind.

3. Look for the big "Post New Thread" button in the more-or-less upper right. If you're on your phone/tablet I can't say for sure where it ends up, but its there, trust me. It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 10.21.48 AM.png

4. Click it. You'll wind up on the create-thread page. Create your thread. With a good title. (You did search the site already to see if maybe your question's been answered already?) If you want to include pictures, click the "upload a file" button and follow the instructions. Polls are optional. You can click the "Preview..." button to make sure its going to look like what you think its going to look like. There is a formatting toolbar right above the text area to make your thread purty.

5. When you're done, click the "Create Thread" button, and that's it. This isn't Facebook, so if you don't get an answer immediately, its cool. Be patient. Don't post the same thread or question in multiple sections. That's "cross posting" and its been against the rules of internet forums since like forever.

6. Repeat. Join in other threads, repeat, etc.

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor