How to remove seat bracket pins from tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldhawg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2021
I have a set of Cobalt SS Recaro seats I want to but in my G-body. I'd like to take off the part where they mount to the floor from their tracks, and fabricate new floor mounting brackets that match my seat hole dimensions. They have some sort of pin that is likely pressed in, and I'm wondering whether anyone here has ever tried to remove them and if there is a good process to make that happen.

Attachments

• IMG_3750.jpeg
    IMG_3750.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3752.jpeg
    IMG_3752.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 103

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
If they are pressed in like a splined lug stud, but the bracket in a large vice and find a socket that clears the head of the stud. Squeeze the end of the stud and the closed end of the socket and it may pop out.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think to remove those pins you have to grind the head off one side and might have to press the remainder out and then probably weld on your fabricated floor mounts.
When I install aftermarket seats I remove the tracks from the seats and make brackets to mount the seats to Gbody tracks.
These are my Cerullo seats mounted in my 86' Regal with factory power tracks on both sides.
IMG_20211226_230920475.jpg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Pretty sure they are rivets. Grind the heads off then knock them out with a punch.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor