How To Remove Window Trim (with pics)

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
On my 80 Monte, this is what holds the glass in. No speed nuts. And the glass pushes in, not out like my 86 Cutlass did when I removed the vinyl top.

It doesn't appear to me that the trim is attached to the glass.

Attachments

• 20141115_161726.jpg
    20141115_161726.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 609
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
This looks like it could a useful thread, except that instead of pix, I see missing-image.png. So not very useful for me.

EDIT: I do see the pic attached to the post just above this, but none of the OP's that really count.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
This is what I see in place of pix:
MISSING.PNG

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I'm not sure that fix would last long if at all. If I remember, I found some rust up in the same corner and while I was able to seal it from outside with some butyl I have no idea if that would have lasted long(the car is in heaven now). Ideally, you get in there, repair the problem as best you can and reseal with something that will last. Bit of a shitty job but if you are keeping the car and driving it in all weather, you gotta do it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor