How To Tell of Brakes are Functioning as Designed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
I thought about that too but the brake light should come on if the valve is tripped....

I had it trip and not set off a light on a B body I used to drive, even had the bleeder drip a bit of fluid so I thought I had them bled until dad set me straight.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had it trip and not set off a light on a B body I used to drive, even had the bleeder drip a bit of fluid so I thought I had them bled until dad set me straight.

that's why I said should.....:whistle: I had mine trip once and the brake light was on, I didn't need the light though cause it was noticeable when stopping that there was a problem. I could not get the pin to reset though and cure the problem by backing the car up and slamming on the brakes a few times and I heard it click. That method was derived from my anger and nothing else....:)

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
I had the combi valve trip last year and it reset itself with a heavy foot.
I'll try to self adjust the drums with back up braking next time I'm out.

I'm curious about the brake cylinder retention? They seem to be firmly attached to the backing plate.

How effective should the parking brake be to slow the, fear inducing 180hp, car down?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had the combi valve trip last year and it reset itself with a heavy foot.
I'll try to self adjust the drums with back up braking next time I'm out.

I'm curious about the brake cylinder retention? They seem to be firmly attached to the backing plate.

How effective should the parking brake be to slow the, fear inducing 180hp, car down?

It's not very effective but with that HP have you considered adding a parachute to the rear of the car...:D

If I still had the G body rear I would add one of these...

s-l500.jpg

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
How old is the brake fluid??..
It came from a very good year...2017, spring, harvested by the Dot 3 conglomerate, bitter note to the palate, translucent as healthy urine. The bleeder screws were turned by the finest imported tools wielded by aged craftsmen well versed in the terms - right to tighten, left to loosen.
Sorry, just havin' fun. I don't get out much.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
No, the pedal is firm like a fresh cucumber picked at it's peak. Even with the booster evacuated it is hard like my bad gluten free pizza crust.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
It's not very effective but with that HP have you considered adding a parachute to the rear of the car...:D

If I still had the G body rear I would add one of these...

s-l500.jpg

Please share more info on this and the S10 wheel cylinders. I need to take my wagon off the road for a few days and addressing the rear brakes is one of the areas I need to work on. I absolutely HATE the stock wheel cylinder clips. This look slike a much better method. Thank you!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Please share more info on this and the S10 wheel cylinders. I need to take my wagon off the road for a few days and addressing the rear brakes is one of the areas I need to work on. I absolutely HATE the stock wheel cylinder clips. This look slike a much better method. Thank you!

Raybestos GMB25851 Rear Wheel Cylinder Bracket

it comes with instructions

s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor