How to test wiper motor for ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I would use the continuity setting (tone) on a multi meter. Hook one end up to the negative battery cable and touch the other end to the metal body of the wiper motor. If you have good ground you should hear the tone fron the meter. I'm not certain, but I think this is the correct wiring diagram for your 81 GMC. I hope this helps.
DelayPulseWipep-Washer.jpg

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I would use the continuity setting (tone) on a multi meter. Hook one end up to the negative battery cable and touch the other end to the metal body of the wiper motor. If you have good ground you should hear the tone fron the meter. I'm not certain, but I think this is the correct wiring diagram for your 81 GMC. I hope this helps.
View attachment 63972
If the diagram above is correct for your car, disregard my post above. The motor gets its ground through the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor